GLEN LAKE CAMP
ENTER THE WORLD OF CHRISTIAN CAMPING
environment where authentic relationships are formed. Our Mission is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
strives to create a Christian
GLEN LAKE CAMP AND RETREAT CENTER
Emerging Leaders are seeking opportunities that stimulate their interests and provide real-world experiences. The Internship Program at Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center is designed to equip emerging leaders with a deeper understanding of Christ-centered leadership through the development of professional skills, ministry preparedness, and through relevant, formational curriculum within a Christian camp environment. This occurs through behind-the scenes work, up-front leadership opportunities, interactions with campers and guest, mentoring relationships, coaching relationships, and working alongside an intentional community of Glen Lake Camp staff with a shared purpose and vision. This is a paid internship.
We are seeking 6 individuals for our 2022-2023 Internship.
APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP 2022 - 2023 (opens September)
PURPOSE OF THE INTERNSHIP
Glen Lake Camp offers a year-long internship program that provides a flexible experience blending opportunities for leadership and professional development with the needs of day to day camp operations. Interns spend their weeks learning, developing, and growing in their faith, while serving Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center. Areas our interns will serve:
• Summer & Year-Round Programing
• Recreation Ministries
• Executive Leadership and Administration
• Guest Services and Registration
• Marketing, Development, and Communications
• Food Service
• Operational and Facilities Management
• Sales, Social Media, and Retail
• Summer Camp Leadership
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND CORE EXPERIENCES
The Internship is designed to challenge you spiritually, vocationally, and personally while gaining practical work and ministry experiences. Core Experiences are for every intern:
• Weekly Intern Meetings and Rhythm of Life
• Training and Development from Glen Lake Camp Staff & Others
• Monthly Certified Coaching
• Book Studies
• Camp Tours
• Christian Camp and Conference Center (CCCA) Texas Sectional
• Team Retreats and Trips
• Other leadership development and spiritual formation components as assigned.
BENEFITS OF THE INTERNSHIP
Emerging leaders are seeking opportunities that stimulate their interests and provide real-world experiences. This meaningful and intentional internship program will:
• Grow in Leadership
• Grow in Faith
• Be surrounded by an intentional Christian community
• Ensure the assignment of challenging career interests.
• Provide projects that complement career interests.
• Give broad exposure to Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center
• Provide adequate, reliable, and regular supervision, mentoring, and coaching.
• Ensure interns are keeping pace and accomplishing goals.
• Create professional network.
• Industry relevance
• Real life experience
• Housing - Room and Board
• Meals - When available in the dining hall
• Pay - a living stipend will be paid to interns.
• Time Off - 5 additional vacation days to use at their discretion.
• Training Trips
• Professional Development
• Spiritual Development
• Live by Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center’s core values.
• Attitude of service and a commitment to Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center.
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in person, as well as on the phone.
• Ability to undertake responsibilities in a friendly, respectful, detail-oriented manner.
• Maintain a viable, growing relationship with Jesus Christ and exemplify that relationship.
• Ability to work with other staff in planning logistics and other decision-making.
• Self motivated person who can handle multiple projects and issues at the same time.
• Must live by the Glen Lake Camp Rule of Life.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• The position involves working outside and inside.
• Ability to communicate clearly with staff, guests, and volunteers.
• Must be 19 years old and one year out of high school by the time the internship begins.
2022-2023 INTERNSHIP DATES
The Glen Lake Camp and Retreat Center Internship is a year-long program stretching from August to July. Specific dates for the internship may vary from year to year.
• September, 2021 • Begin Accepting Applications.
• December, 2021 • Interview Candidates
August 22, 2022 - July 31, 2023.
• Thanksgiving Break (November 21-27)
• Christmas Break (December 19 - January 3)
• Spring Break (March 6-12 or March 13-19)
• Easter Break (April 7-10)
If you have questions about our Internship Program or interested in applying, please contact email@example.com